When using the last version of Silverlight and you navigate to the Service Manager Self Service Portal (SharePoint with Silverlight based WebPart) – it won’t work with Internet Explorer 9 !. the Silverlight WebPart keep asking for downloading the last version of Silverlight and the screen is blank. after checking all the permissions and updated to the last version, the problem still existed !!!
So, how to solve ?
- Lunch the site with IE 32bit
- Add the portal address to the computability view address
- Add the site to local intranet\trusted sites and click the “custom level” button, there please change the following options:
- Allow ActiveX filtering – set to Disabled
- Only allow approved domain to use AcitveX without prompt
- Restart the browser.
That’s it. now it will work 🙂